Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 01:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No Hardees in Canada.

No Taco Del Mar
No Del Taco
No Chipotle
No Freebirds
No Baja Fresh

Fuck, I've never even heard of some of those.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Burt Reynolds
Title: Bentley Bear
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 02:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I'm from California, so taco trucks are about as common as fire hydrants on street corners there

Yeah, that's the way to go for cheap mexican food... especially when drunk. Some places still have tacos for like .75. I could really care less about Arby's and Wendy's, so I guess whatever. I tend to try to avoid fast food, however I swear McDonalds puts drugs in their Double cheeseburgers, because I crave them once in a while, and the whole time I'm eating it, i know it's disgusting, yet I'm for some reason satisfied.
Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 02:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That would explain why Brandon buys em 10 at a time...

I personally just love the plain ol' chesseburger. No frills, no gimmicks, it's just a good, solid, greasy burger, and like three of em fill me up. And they're as cheap as the hookers in Chilliwack, but less greasy, and they taste better.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

baja fresh is overrated imo.

del taco is the worst ever. fucks up my stomach worse than any of the bertos places.

i like in n out burgers and fatburger of course.

man, fuck work. im stuck here talking about fast food. making me hungry

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 04:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hate how fast food workers get orders wrong, that ALL THEY FUCKING DO is take orders, how can people continue to do their job wrong and keep employment? What the hell? I'm in customer service and I'm sure as shit not allowed to do my job wrong, how come everyone else gets to do it? Mad
Related image below! Surprised
I'm sonsidering buying this poster and putting it up in the call celter where I work. Smile

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 04:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
I've had Quiznos twice in my life and both times were utter letdowns. It was overpriced and it didn't taste even slightly better than Subway. In fact, their meatball sub was fucking retarded. The goddamn meatballs were flat, everything tasted bland, it was a goddamn ripoff, etc. Hello morons, it's called a meatBALL sandwich, not a fucking meat slice bullshit sandwich. The place insists on itself to an irritating degree. I swear 99% of the "great taste" people get from eating there is shoving their own head up their ass after they've soaked in the the self-promotion blurbs all over the walls ("Mmm! TOASTY! IT'S TOASTY, AND CRUNCH, AND MMM, WE USE SOUNDS TO DESCRIBE OUR FOOD BECAUSE WE'RE FUCKING MORONS! DO YOU BELIEVE IT'S TOASTYCRUNCH YET?") while waiting in line for 5 hours because it's an overrated shithole with 90 people waiting to be served.

I've never had the meatball. And I'll admit, with places like Subway, Quiznos, Blimpies, Schlotzsky's, etc, the better franchise may depend on what you get. It like that with all places though, not just sandwich shops. But I like the Classic Italian and the Chicken Carbonara at Quiznos better than any sandwich at any of the other places. That's why I go to Quiznos more. Even though I probably eat there less than other traditional fast food types, I probably like the sandwich places the best.

Murdar Machene wrote:
It's funny, you'd think the taco trucks and such are shitty and filthy, right? But the thing is, those guys are the ones that are actually hit up by the health officials most often. That means they're actually some of the cleanest places you can get your grub at.

I'm a taco truck veteran and I can safely say I've gotten the shits more times from chain food places than local stuff, I actually haven't ever gotten the shits from a taco truck.

I'm from the Missouri/Kansas border. Where I live there have never been taco trucks. I had always heard stories from guys who moved there from other places about taco trucks and how good they are. Well we had this one guy in town that decided he would open a taco truck on Friday and Saturday nights right outside of a bar. I love it, and even though its outside of a bar for the drunks, you don't have to be drunk to eat it. Also, there aren't many places in the town I'm from to eat after 10 and noplace after midnight. So because he is open until about twenty minutes or so after the bar closes, the taco truck is someplace you can go besides the fucking nasty ass truck stop to get some food after hours.

Since I've moved to fucking central Kansas, I don't get to eat at the taco truck anymore, so that sucks. But where I live now has a lot more in the way of selection of places to eat than I used to have. But its still lame and nobody wants to be open late other than a couple of the 24 hour places. Fuck Kansas. Fuck the Jayhawks. The only thing good from here is Clark Kent.

erock462 wrote:
Carls jr is on the west Hardees is the sam efranchise more east.

I never really got that. Where I'm from, its all Hardonees. Now I'm in closer to Carl's Jr territory. They have the exact same fucking menu. Why can't they just go by one damn name?

And I love how the idea behind their six dollar burger was originally showing how you could get the same size and quality as a six dollar burger for a little over three bucks. But now the burgers there are so damn expensive, it almost makes the idea laughable. Eventually, they are going to have to change the name of the six dollar burger because it will really be six bucks.

But the spicy chicken sandwich with swiss and american cheese and onions is my favorite chicken sandwiches this side of Chic-Fil-A. The only thing that sucks is after I add all of that and get two of them, I've turned one of the cheapest sandwiches on their menu into an expensive meal. But I guess if I didn't want to spend an arm, a leg, and a nut, I wouldn't have went to Hardonees in the first place.

scamrock
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 04:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout Boy wrote:
I hate how fast food workers get orders wrong, that ALL THEY FUCKING DO is take orders, how can people continue to do their job wrong and keep employment? What the hell? I'm in customer service and I'm sure as shit not allowed to do my job wrong, how come everyone else gets to do it?

Don't even get me started on this. I've worked as a waiter, in a movie rental, the mortgage side of a major bank, painting houses, and for Wal-mart. There are three things that piss me off more than anything in the world.

1. Fucking up my order, or just plain worthless service at a food place, fast food or sit down. Charging me two bits for BBQ sauce, when ketchup is free (because they call it dipping sauce because it comes in a tub rather than a packet), and then not even putting it my to go bag will get you at the top of the shit list and usually a free reading of the Riot Act. This is why my wife is designated to take care of all complaining. She gets results and is less likely to get our food spat on than if I were to handle it.

2. People at work that bitch about their job. And I don't mean just bitching in general. We all do that. I'm talking about people that piss and moan because they don't think they should be expected to do anything even though a business is paying them to do so. A great example was the last time I was in Subway and they were breaking in a new girl. She was sweeping the dining area and complaining the whole time. The shift supervisor told her that after that, she needed to sweep behind the counter where all of the lettuce and shit falls. She started arguing that she didn't think she should have to, yada yada ya and all that bullcrap. And it wasn't playing around complaining busting the guys balls. Not only was she serious, but she was saying it in front of customers. If taking probably nore more than two minutes tops to run the broom across the floor is too much work, you need put to sleep.

And on the internet, I hear people complain about Wal-mart all day. Now, if they don't carry your shit, or you have customer service issues, fine, legit gripe. But if you are complaining about working conditions and have never even worked there, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The only people that have that right are people who work there. I'll accept bitching from employees, but know this, most of the stupid rules and shit are because of lawsuits. So people are bitching about rules that were put in place because of people bitching. And most of the complaints I have heard on the internet are from former employees. I'm sure some complaints are legit. But in my experience, the people who I worked with who bitched about shit were the worthless workers. The guy who never shows up and doesn't do his job very good can't understand why management is always on his ass. He got fired for no reason and that kind of shit.

3. I can't even remember what the hell 3 was gonna be. It just goes to show how worked up I get about numero uno y dos. And most of it goes back to shitty employees.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 04:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like Carl's Jr mostly because of the story of its founder and how he made Carl's Jr successful, then got fired by his board of directors. Pissed off, he called all of his rich friends, bought a majority share of stocks in the company, and then fired the board of directors. Awesome.

In Oregon, the two big ones we get commercials for but don't have are Sonic and White Castle.
scamrock
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 05:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
I like Carl's Jr mostly because of the story of its founder and how he made Carl's Jr successful, then got fired by his board of directors. Pissed off, he called all of his rich friends, bought a majority share of stocks in the company, and then fired the board of directors. Awesome.

In Oregon, the two big ones we get commercials for but don't have are Sonic and White Castle.

Fuck White Castle. There used to be one in the Kansas City area. This was when I was a kid and my family didn't ever want to go there. By the time I was old enough to go on my own (about an hour and a half to the city), it was long gone. Now the closest one I know of is in St Louis. I don't really feel like driving 5 hours just so me and a buddy can order the exact same order as Harold and Kumar (like they probably haven't heard that before anyways).

That is a great Carl's Jr story though.

Where I come from, even the most remote dinky ass towns have Sonic.

crookshow
Title: Donkey Kong Savage
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 09:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got some of the frozen whitecastle burgers shortly after watching harold and kumar. I know they're probably not as good as the actual restaurant, but it was a huge disappointment to say the least. The first one actually tasted pretty decent, but by the 4th I felt like throwing up. Anyway, fuck frozen food unless it's pizza.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 09:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
3. I can't even remember what the hell 3 was gonna be.

Best #3 ever. The "I forgot in anger" #3.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 11:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i thrive on KFC and chinese food, so I can do without wendy's.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Apr 26 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot about Moe's which I actually like, albeit a bit pricy but better than Taco Bell.

All this talk about taco trucks and better mexican food from hole in the wall joints reminded me of this clip from No Reservations:

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

crookshow
Title: Donkey Kong Savage
PostPosted: Apr 27 2008 01:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

I highly doubt you'll see any significant changes to Wendy's due to this buyout. The expected synergies are more on the corporate level, and both Arby's and Wendy's are going to continue to exist as separate business entities, just like before. Maybe you'll see some Arby's/Wendy's hybrids in 1 locations, but whatever. Nothing to get worked up over...
scamrock
PostPosted: Apr 27 2008 02:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

crookshow wrote:
I got some of the frozen whitecastle burgers shortly after watching harold and kumar. I know they're probably not as good as the actual restaurant, but it was a huge disappointment to say the least. The first one actually tasted pretty decent, but by the 4th I felt like throwing up. Anyway, fuck frozen food unless it's pizza.

I eat the hell out of those. When I was living at home, my dad used to buy them. I hated it because I would want to eat the whole box, but if I did, he wouldn't get any. I like the ones without cheese better. Then I put velveeta slices on them. But after eating them, I think I might be able to eat how many they do in Harold and Kumar. But I don't know about all of the other stuff. Probably just the sliders.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Apr 28 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

i never had white castle burgers. ive only been to the east coast a couple of times and i neglected to take advantage of white castle.

my friend from jersey said he ate 30 sliders in one sitting last time he went to jersey. or was it 20? i cant recall exactly but that still sounds like a ton of food to me

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Shut up, Dorn
Title: White Chocolate
PostPosted: Apr 28 2008 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Getting four of your buddies in your car at 12 midnight and then driving 2 and a half hours to the nearest White Castle just to buy the crave case and then have breakfast lunch and dinner for the next two days be nothing but White Castle is a feat that no man should ever not do. Its classic.

The facts about the Wendys-Arby's Sale:

1. Yes, Arby's food is not the cheapest, but it is definitely higher quality food than any of the other three or four major food chains, and even if you don't like it, you cannot disagree that their food is higher quality than Wendy's, McD's or BK.

2. Wendy's is just awkward, with the square burgers, fries that are often flavorless and soggy. Also, the majority of the time the frosty's are frozen solid and you have to eat them with a spoon making it feel like a shitty ice cream cone that you could have anywhere else, and then it doesnt even quench your thirst so your double fucked.

Basically my opinion is:

Arby's is finally good food after years of being nothing but fucking shitty roast beef sammiches, yes they are more expensive than the normal fast food chains but its excusable.

Ive just never had any good experiences with Wendy's. I know Dave Thomas was cool, but the food there is nothing special and doesnt give me anything that warrants going there more than any other burger chain.

FACT: Qdoba is better than both Arby's and Wendy's.

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Apr 28 2008 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I usually snatch either Chinese, KFC, or a Big Bell meal from Taco Bell.

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 28 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shut up, Dorn wrote:
sammiches

I'm pretty sure you just broke a forum rule...

Syd Lexia wrote:
7. Banned word and phrases
The following words and phrases are banned: ima, prolly, Carson Daly is not a homo, sammich. If you break this rule, expect a polite but firm written warning. Repeated violations of this rule may lead to you being banned.

Yep. MODERATORS!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait... Twisted Evil

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Apr 28 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shut up, Dorn wrote:
the majority of the time the frosty's are frozen solid and you have to eat them with a spoon

You're supposed to eat them with a spoon!

You fail. Slobberknocker!

Shut up, Dorn wrote:
FACT: Qdoba is gay

Fixed.
Shut up, Dorn
PostPosted: Apr 28 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, but then are you supposed to buy a pop too? because spooning (HA) a frosty sure doesnt quench the thirst like a diet coke.

why the hell is the word sammich banned anyways?

dont give me some fucking "because its lame" or "because your a fat retarded fucktard" response.

NOTE: i can take a joke.

or are you serious about that. Okay, im done, i promise.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Apr 28 2008 10:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's not a drink, so it's not supposed to quench any thirst. It's an ice cream treat, not a shake of any sort.
Shut up, Dorn
PostPosted: Apr 28 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I guess i missed that meeting. Everywhere i looked people were having frosty's with their shitty fries and previously said bannable word. Then I tried it. then i was really thirsty. thus i no longer go to wendys.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 28 2008 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ARBY'S BUYS WENDY'S!
DENTAL PLAN!
ARBY'S BUYS WENDY'S!
DENTAL PLAN!
ARBY'S BUYS WENDY'S!
DENTAL PLAN!
ARBY'S BUYS WENDY'S!
DENTAL PLAN!
ARBY'S BUYS WENDY'S!
DENTAL PLAN!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Apr 28 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

actually, I've always been perplexed by the frosty too, because they don't go well with a coke.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

Reply to topic

Jump to: