SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
UFC 86

Reply to topic
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 06 2008 06:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen UFC 86 and plan on watching it, so let me first say that the main event was an amazing fight. Forrest Griffin is easily one of my favorite fighters in this day and age, while Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is one of, if not the best in his weight class. The match was an amazing joy to watch. If you want to know who won, feel free to highlight the text below.

Congratulations Forrest Griffin, you earned that title.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Jul 06 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have random thoughts about UFC.

First, it was better there were no rounds and no rules or weight classes Smile Now it's not quite as "ultimate".

Second, they need PPV names. This is a small thing the Wrestling industry does but everyone takes for granted until you get see something like "UFC ####". WWE would be at "PPV 478" or more by now, but since they name their PPVs you just use the PPV name and year. "Fully Loaded 2000", "Wrestlemania 3", "Backlash 1996". Easy.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jul 06 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In essence it would basically be the same thing only now you have an extra name in it with a number. I do agree with the rounds and weight classes though. How awesome would it be to see a 150lb guy take out a 250-300 lbs guy. Fucking sweet if you ask me.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 06 2008 03:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i saw the matches. the main event did live up to the hype. rampage is still the funniest post-fight interviewee ever. the fight before the main event, w/patrick cote and almeira sucked my ass though. worst fight ever.

and i hate koscheck or however you spell his name. reminds me of those douchebags from tempe

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Jul 06 2008 05:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
In essence it would basically be the same thing only now you have an extra name in it with a number. I do agree with the rounds and weight classes though. How awesome would it be to see a 150lb guy take out a 250-300 lbs guy. Fucking sweet if you ask me.

UFC 8: David vs Goliath (before Dana White) had it where the tournament's first round was smaller fighters against larger guys. This is back when Don Frye was kicking lots of ass.

Just go back to the pre-Dana White UFC to see the real action. Unfortunately, they couldn't get sanctioned anywhere. So they had to tame it and water it down to really commercialize it.

Burt Reynolds
Title: Bentley Bear
PostPosted: Jul 07 2008 01:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Griffon/Rampage fight was amazing. I kind of resent UFC though... I used to love Pride, and they bought them out and basically shut them down. I enjoy the japanese fight shows like DREAM. 10 minute first rounds, and less rules.

Dances with Wolves 2 is gonna ROCK!

King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Jul 07 2008 05:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was a great ppv aside from the cote vs. almeira fight. As for Koschek, I have not been one of his biggest fans, but he bloodied the living shit out of lytle. I mean he left a trail of blood everywhere he went. Say what you want, koschek won that fight hands down. I think though with the forrest win it sets up the 205 weight class for an interesting set of fights to play out. You could have Liddel fight evans, and if he wins a rematch with Rampage, winner takes on forrest. There could be just a straight up rematch. Or even Liddel fights jardine, and Wanderlei fights rampage, and if rampage wins then it is a rematch, and if wanderlei wins then he fights chuck and then he can go for the title. It is going to be interesting, and quick.

username
PostPosted: Jul 20 2008 01:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

anderson silva is the man.

surprised they let jesse taylor back so quickly

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Oct 26 2008 05:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

anyone watching 'the ultimate fighter' this season?

i hate junie, but after this last episode, he seemed to be a bit humbled. which made him a more respectable individual imo. so i dont hate him that much anymore

Klimbatize wrote:

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Oct 27 2008 03:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
anyone watching 'the ultimate fighter' this season?

i hate junie, but after this last episode, he seemed to be a bit humbled. which made him a more respectable individual imo. so i dont hate him that much anymore

I watched the first season. I haven't watched it since. I'm a big UFC fan, but I stand my belief that no show should have multiple seasons in the same year. With so many shows to watch, I just can't keep up a show that keeps pumping out new seasons.

Reply to topic

Jump to: