"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Leave Nintendo Alone!

Reply to topic
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Aug 19 2011 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In which I hypocritically call out a fan petition for going too far.

Quote:
The past few months have seen a PR fiasco unlike any other. A notable throng of fans banding under the name Operation Rainfall have decided that they want a select three games because Nintendo has not delivered on their word to bring it over sooner. Their efforts have brought out the absolute worst in irrational fans with a scant few trying to keep them in check. Despite that, it's never going to work. I've been sitting on this post for some time since I heard about Operation Rainfall, but now that Nintendo of Europe is lording it over us poor, poor American gamers, it's a perfect time to get it off my chest. While the majority sees this as a group of concerned gamers trying to reach out to a company, I see it as a subset of Western gamers waging war on a subset of Eastern gamers. And frankly, it won't end well for either side.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Aug 19 2011 09:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Uh. What, so a bunch of gamers got pissed because Nintendo hasn't released a few games to America (and Europe, I gather)? I can understand that, but resorting to piracy is a bit over the top.

I guess there're no real limits anymore.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Aug 19 2011 09:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We can't expect to be treated like legit customers if the most important people can't act civilized where it matters most. They are being published in Europe and Nintendo of America claims that they will track European sales of Monado, but I really don't think that will matter. It certainly hasn't helped us before.

And when I say "we", I mean "they". I don't really care about these games and whether they come out or not. I think they'll come out whether anyone asks for it or not, but they're going to take credit for something that will happen naturally and that just drives me up the wall.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Reply to topic

Jump to: