Jaks
Title: A very confused person
PostPosted: Feb 16 2011 11:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone see the Rock on monday?
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Feb 16 2011 11:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

I wondered why nobody started a thread about it. He hasn't lost a step when it comes to cutting promos on a mic.

However, there are a few things he said, that I fear fans will take the wrong way.

Such as, "I promise you, I am never leaving."

That could be construed as him saying he's back in the WWE for good, which most of us know is not the case. He'll most likely be gone after Wrestlemania. I think he meant, that he will always be part of the "WWE universe" and it's legacy, and won't ever forget his roots.
Jaks
PostPosted: Feb 16 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really sad though. This show was in Anaheim and I probably could've been there.

History is made by stupid people,
Clever people wouldn't even try.
If you want a place in the history book,
then do something dumb before you die.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 16 2011 05:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty funny that the last time he personally showed up was in Anaheim back in mid-04 and got the hell booed out of him. The only thing that saved him was mentioning "good weed". Anyways, I watched it...and I enjoyed it. Rock has always been a good hype man.

Starting at 1:56, he goes NUTS on Cena and I was laughing SO hard. Yes, I would love to see Cena vs. The Rock at Mania, as would everyone else...but it's not happening. He'll most likely be a special enforcer or ref for Miz/Cena for the title. But this was a least a small breath of fresh air, with what would have otherwise been a very dull show.
Jaks
PostPosted: Feb 16 2011 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
Pretty funny that the last time he personally showed up was in Anaheim back in mid-04 and got the hell booed out of him.

Was that at the diva search thing?

History is made by stupid people,
Clever people wouldn't even try.
If you want a place in the history book,
then do something dumb before you die.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Feb 16 2011 08:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have to admit, I've never been able to smell what The Rock is cooking.

SNESGuy
Title: El Duderino
PostPosted: Feb 16 2011 08:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"The Rock GuaranDAMNtee's"
hahaha

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Feb 16 2011 08:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cena shoots are always great. This was no exception.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

JRA
PostPosted: Feb 17 2011 01:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

John Cena is such an easy target that its like throwing water balloons at the kid in the wheelchair.

If The Rock really had balls he would have done a shoot on Linda McMahon's senate campaign and Vince's awful campaign of "cleaning up wrestling."

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 17 2011 05:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was a worked shoot, meaning he was given room to do whatever he wanted with that person, as long as he got his point across. Bringing up Vince or Linda would've been besides the point, although I did hear a rumor of Rock vs. Vince at Mania....ugh.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Feb 17 2011 10:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Second best WWE memory of all time (besides meeting HBK in person): having the Rock show up--as a surprise--to a show I was at here in San Diego. Crowd went insane, and he was awesome.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

JRA
PostPosted: Feb 17 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
although I did hear a rumor of Rock vs. Vince at Mania....ugh.

What would be the point of that? Personally, I would like to see Bret Hart sneak attack Undertaker, therefore invalidating any "stipulations under his supervision" and thus bring HBK back for a match against the Rock. Each man the one "legend" each wrestler hasn't faced yet.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 18 2011 04:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rock would NEVER face Shawn Michaels. He's holding a grudge over something that happened at a house show that Rock's family was hosting back in the late 90's. Apparently Shawn was being majorly dickish that night to Rock's family, thus the grudge.
JRA
PostPosted: Feb 18 2011 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
Rock would NEVER face Shawn Michaels. He's holding a grudge over something that happened at a house show that Rock's family was hosting back in the late 90's. Apparently Shawn was being majorly dickish that night to Rock's family, thus the grudge.

Huh, I didn't know that.

Edit: nevermind. I just watched the whole introduction to see where it was and couldn't find it. Just my mind playing tricks on me I guess.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 03:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was really enjoying RAW this week. Cena's rebuttal on the Rock was a welcome throw back that I felt marked the end of the PG era of WWE.

HHH's swerve return, while I didn't like it stealing Undertaker's thunder, was a great way to set up their wrestlemania match.

I had to rewind and replay it, and still am not quite sure, but did Shaemus say to Daniel Bryan, "Would it be funny if I ripped your head off and fucked your girlfriend?"?

All that delicious goodness was ruined with the main event however, where the WWE proceeded to defecate all over the tag team championships, making them even more of a joke than they already were. Screw you WWE.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 07:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was just about to disagree with you until you did mention the tag titles. I will give Cena props on having a fairly good comeback to the Rock, granted I didn't think it was as awesome as everyone makes it out to be, especially since they aren't going to be facing each other. I had no problem with Triple H stealing Taker's thunder, but I have to wonder why Sheamus didn't seem to care that the guy that he put on the shelf for 9 months is back, hell...his segment was right after Trips/Taker! And Sheamus loses to Mark fuckin' Henry! Oh how your star is falling Sheamus! It's nice to see Hacksaw in the HOF as well, but again...he's so fresh in my mind, I saw him on TV a little over a year ago...it's not that exciting compared to say...Rick Martel or Demolition.

Back to the tag titles....what an absolute burial of the belts. We all know Vince hates tag teams, but this is hardly the issue. It seems like hotshotting belts is pretty popular right now. The World title was stripped of Edge on SD and Dolph Ziggler is declared champ, but then Teddy Long comes out and decides to make him defend it right away against Edge. Dolph loses the belt to Edge in about 7 minutes. What did this accomplish? Why was this done, especially so close to WM? Did they really need to give Edge yet another title reign for no reason? Does every Edge title reign have to be under 3 months long? Seriously, what was the fucking point? Then they decide to have Kos-tino lose the belts on Sunday to the Corre. The Corre loses the belts to Miz and Cena on Monday...then proceed to win back a few minutes later...fucking ridiculous.

Also I am sick sick SICK to death of the storyline of the two partners who can't trust each other. You know, basically every tag team partner Cena has won the belts with. They did it with Shawn Michaels, Batista, David Otunga and now the Miz. Having Miz screw over Cena isn't going to add any suspension to the fact that I know Cena will be smiling with his toy belt at the end of Wrestlemania.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Feb 25 2011 04:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm crossing fingers for Road Warriors/LoD next week, how those guys aren't in the HoF yet is astounding.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 25 2011 05:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well spoilers in case you want to keep it a secret but...

While there hans't been much in the form of leaks recently, a couple of names were dropped. As of right now there are 3 confirmed people; Abdullah the Butcher, and the LOD, Hawk and Animal.
JRA
PostPosted: Mar 22 2011 09:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
Doddsino wrote:

Huh, I didn't know that.

Edit: nevermind. I just watched the whole introduction to see where it was and couldn't find it. Just my mind playing tricks on me I guess.

I KNEW this fucking thing existed!

go to 1:25

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 23 2011 09:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else think this week's RAW was terrible and really did nothing to build up towards WM in any useful way?

I agree with Bret Hart:
"Tried watching Raw. The writing's been sub-par for WM buildup."
Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 23 2011 04:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think WWE feels that WM sells itself. This is wrong.

Every single year I go by how well the build up is going. I think with this year, there was too much time between the PPVs, so they had to stretch it out, which never fares well. Triple H cut the same promo on Taker, and several other incidents get the same treatment. The only thing that I was actually kind of happy about was seeing Cena finally go after The Miz. The very fact that Cena has ignored him for several weeks, only showed to how little of a threat he actually thought he was, and thankfully they somewhat rectified that this week, but too little, too late. Miz is a joke, he doesn't look like a badass, his overall talent is lackluster and he seems to be trying for this hybrid of serious Jericho with a little bit of Rock, but fails miserably at it. I don't know how they fucked up his character as much as they did, because the guy looks like a natural weasel, but week after week, they build him up as some sort of threat. I haven't felt this apathetic towards a champion since Mysterio and his first title reign. I don't understand why WWE tried to pull off Cena/Miz, it's WM7 all over again...we know the fucking outcome!!!! Morrison/Miz would've made a lot more sense and just keep Cena to something with the Rock.

That said, WHY the fuck does Drew Carey get a HOF video package on Raw and Abdullah the Butcher doesn't? Yes, let's completely snub the 50 year veteran because this is the PG era and we can't show blood. Oh wait...the video package doesn't contain any blood? WTF?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 28 2011 06:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pissed off that Miz/Cena is even happening. I would have much rather seen Miz/Lawler. I realize Lawler is like 80 or whatever, but people were actually into the Miz/Lawler feud, and giving Lawler a title match and Wrestlemania and a short title reign would have been awesome.

You know, this is going to be Lawler's first and probably only Wrestlemania match. It's Vince's way of saying thank you to Lawler for all his years of service. And it's against Michael Cole. What a fucking joke. If my boss gave me a thank you like that, I'd fucking spit in his fucking face and tell him I hoped his cats and children all got raped and killed. No one wants to see that shit. Put Lawler in the ring with someone who can actually work a match.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 28 2011 02:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We should've actually gotten Miz/Morrison. There's no reason to even have Lawler wrestle, especially in a title match. I think the better thank you is Vince not canning his useless ass for phoning it in for the last 6+ years. I actually prefer to look back on Lawler's career in WWE and commend him on staying over as much as he has, despite never wrestling on the biggest show of the year, as well as never winning a single WWE title. They aren't even having a MITB match this year, so even more people are being left off the card.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 28 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The undercard on this Wrestlemania is pure crap. The worst in years.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Mar 28 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Rock is making some kind of speech right now. I never noticed that he always refers to himself in the third person.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Reply to topic

Jump to: