[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Final Twisted Sister Album...

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Dec 11 2006 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Twisted Sister has just released their FINAL ALBUM, and it is a X-MAS album... And, apparently it's really good. Here's a review of it.

'TWISTED CHRISTMAS' REVIEW FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS!

Twisted Sister "A Twisted Christmas" (Razor And Tie)

This is, quite simply, the best hard rock Christmas album ever made, and one of the best rock 'n' roll Christmas albums period since Elvis made his. It's THAT good.

The words "clever," "intelligent" and "groundbreaking" have seldom appeared in critics' assessments of Twisted Sister, but that's exactly what this 11-song collection is. The Long Island quintet melds classic Christmas tunes with their favorite heavy metal songs to create a disc like no other. For instance, singer Dee Snider realized that the chorus to the band's biggest hit "We're Not Gonna Take It" is almost note-for-note the same as the melody to "O Come All Ye Faithful." So the band played the backing music for the Twisted song, while Snider sung the traditional hymn lyrics, and the result is an instant holiday classic.

"I'll Be Home For Christmas," a duet with Lita Ford, is set to the music of Twisted's "The Price," and the band's "Rock And Roll Saviors" morphs into "Let It Snow." Other bands also get the treatment: AC/DC's "Problem Child" becomes "Silver Bells," Judas Priest's "You've Got Another Thing Coming" becomes "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus," and Black Sabbath's "Never Say Die" and "War Pigs" are blended into "Deck The Halls" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen."

The one original track, "Heavy Metal Christmas," is a Twisted interpretation of The Twelve Days Of Christmas ("Four quarts of Jack, three studded belts, two pairs of spandex pants, and a tattoo of Ozzy.") It also has ferocious bass riffing by Mark "The Animal" Mendoza that alone is worth the price of the disc.

This is the band's final album before calling it quits next year, and they saved the best of a 30-year career for last.

Wayne Parry, AP Writer
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Dec 12 2006 03:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm too tired to read the whole review, but everytime I see one of your posts I can't help but laugh at your avatar.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 16 2006 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out. Doing a Christmas album as your last album is kinda weird though.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Reply to topic

Jump to: