[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
110th U.S. Open

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone else watch any of this? It was a complete clusterfuck.

Graeme McDowell who won, finished even.

Pebble Beach looks like the shittiest fucking course ever. Cliffs! Shitloads of rough and sandtraps! Uphill and downhill greens. It's like a giant fucking mini golf course. When the best golfers in the world can't finish under par, your golf course fucking sucks.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 12:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hadn't heard of this, but I don't remember hearing much about any winner only finishing even. It is indeed sad when the best score is the expectant average.

RIP Hacker.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 01:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the top eleven guys (there was a four-way tie for 8th place) from the final leaderboard:

Graeme McDowell, E
Gregory Havret, +1
Ernie Els, +2
Phil Mickelson, +3
Tiger Woods, +3
Matt Kuchar, +4
David Love III, +4
Brandt Snedeker, +5
Martin Kaymer, +5
Alex Cejka, +5
Dustin Johnson, +5

Also, Tiger Woods is such a fucking baby. Every time he doesn't come in first, he gets all pouty and teary-eyed. Waaaaah, I'm Tiger and I want to win every championship every time.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 03:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pebble Beach is made notoriously difficult for the U.S. Open. They speed up the greens, put the pins in insanely tough positions, and have lengthened the holes. I'm a casual golf fan, so I did keep an eye on this over the weekend. It makes the play a bit of a crap shoot when the greens are so hard it's like putting on concrete. A small miscalculation and it's not odd to run your ball right off the green and several yards into the fairway.

Even par or worse scores aren't that rare for champions of Majors events. They often supe up the courses to make them ultra-difficult. In recent years it's been called "Tigerizing". In 2006 and 2007 the winning score was +5. Just two years ago the Open Championship (it rotates to different courses every year) was won by Paddy Harrington with a +3 score, and about 10 years ago someone won the Open with a +6.

I'd probably have shot about a 150 if I had been playing on Sunday. Those guys are pretty amazing.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 03:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I actually think it is more fun to watch when they make the courses really hard like this. Also, Pebble Beach is known for being bad ass.

As for Tiger's emotions, nothing new there. He has looked like he was about to cry since he started playing and it has never changed.

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The greens looked pretty shitty. There were a few putts where the ball just kept jumping.
JRA
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 07:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So you've gone from saying "fuck golf courses," to watching golf tournaments?

Go back to watching Bill Maher in my stead.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 24 2010 09:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
So you've gone from saying "fuck golf courses," to watching golf tournaments?

Go back to watching Bill Maher in my stead.

It's summer! Nothing is fucking on!
Reply to topic

Jump to: