[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Cleveland Indians most hated team in baseball

Reply to topic
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jun 07 2010 02:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
I think if there's ever been a team I turned on faster from love to hate, it was the 1997-1998 Marlins. Here's a team I used to love...literally lost it when they won the World Series, I was so happy. Then the next year, what do they do? They get rid of basically everyone. No real good reason for it, they just figured they would. Even got rid of Moses Alou, who won the fucking Series for them. I said fuck it after that and never looked back.

That's pretty much the story of the Expos in their last 15 years (minus that World Series gain).
Whenever they started having a good team, the next year they would get rid of their best players.
Probably to save money, but often they just let them go and got absolutely nothing in exchange, which seriously pissed off the fans.
After the third time seeing their favorite players go away and watching their team plummet in the standings, everyone stopped giving a shit anymore.
It's not like they were anywhere close to winning a World Series or even making the playoffs. They became the Nationals.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jun 07 2010 02:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
If you don't have the funds to pay your players and can't sell out your arena despite winning a World Series, you shouldn't be able to own a team.

Agreed. They never should have expanded teams into Florida. It's too hard to make money on an outdoor sport. Though, the Rays are doing well in recent years.

Florida should just keep the Grapefruit league, and get rid of the pro teams. Move one NL team back to the AL so both leagues have 14 teams, and create that balance again.

Minimally, they should move the Marlins out of that state, to a city that can sustain them.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 07 2010 02:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Montreal Marlins?
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jun 07 2010 02:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
Montreal Marlins?

Success.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jun 07 2010 04:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As a long time Indians fan I can see how this could happen. You lose CC Sabathia to the Yankees, then the next year you Trade off Cliff Lee. Both Cy Young winners. What did we get for them, jack shit. We have a bullpen that has a combined ERA of like 9.95 and the only pitcher doing anything is Fausto Carmona, I'm sure if he keeps this up he will be traded to for some prospects.

Grady Sizemore is just broken he hasnt played for longer than a month for what seems like 3 years, Travis Haffner is the worst DH I think I have ever witnessed. Thank God we play the Wite Sox so many times otherwise we would have the worst record in all of baseball. FUCK!!! Give me wild thing Vaughn and Jubu. Manny Apta can suck a dick as well. </rant>

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 08 2010 01:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't pay much attention to sports in general, but I just want to say this out of loyalty and respect for my hometown: Go Royals. -waves tiny flag-

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Reply to topic

Jump to: