"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Mandalorian Armor

Reply to topic
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Aug 28 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Some of you may know that I've become enamored with the Mandalorian culture from Star Wars. So I decided to get a head start on my Halloween costume this year and make a suit of Mando armor.

I have the body done for the most part, but now I'm working on the helmet. What I've done so far:

I took a large sheet of cardboard and traced the intial shapes out, and then cut 'em out with a box cutter.

Photobucket

Next, for the right texture, I took some Totino's frozen pizza boxes and traced the same shapes into them. I then hotglued the two together.

Photobucket

Finally, I took the pieces out and painted them to match what I wanted as a color scheme.

Photobucket

That's all I've got done for now, but like I said, I'm working on the helmet. It's much more complicated, so it'll take me longer, but I think it'll look great if I do it right.

Anyone else done something like this?

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Aug 28 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, never done something like that. Great work so far. Looks alright to me.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 28 2011 01:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So Boba's color scheme was the universal one for Mandalorian armor? I always liked the silver on blue design his father had--unless you're just going as Boba in which case I figure you might want to battle damage the suit after you're done sculpting it.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Aug 28 2011 04:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I loved getting the mandalor armor in KOTOR

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Aug 28 2011 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going as Boba. I just wanted to have my own set of Mandalorian armor, whether as a costume or for bragging rights. Or whatever. The color scheme is my own, although I wasn't aware Jango had silver on blue...

At any rate, there's still some fine details to work out on the chest plates and then I have to attach it to a flight suit.

And, there's the ever present threat of the helmet's complexity. I don't even know how to begin, except maybe with a plastic sphere cut in half and a tube.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 28 2011 09:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
I'm not going as Boba. I just wanted to have my own set of Mandalorian armor, whether as a costume or for bragging rights. Or whatever. The color scheme is my own, although I wasn't aware Jango had silver on blue...

And, there's the ever present threat of the helmet's complexity. I don't even know how to begin, except maybe with a plastic sphere cut in half and a tube.

Okay, I stand corrected that his armor is more like silver on dark grey, but he's wearing blue cloth or whatever for the rest of his suit.

On the helmet, it looks like this site could help you out. It's dedicated to Mandalorian cosplay. http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Aug 29 2011 07:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

I know that the Fetts were both Mandalorians and both titled Mandalore... but when I think of Mandalorians I think of Canderous:

Reply to topic

Jump to: