[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
ESPN's Streak for the Cash

Reply to topic
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Apr 16 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ESPN's Streak for the Cash. http://streak.espn.go.com/en/

I couldn't find a thread about this, so I figured I'd enlighten some of you about this game. Some of you may already be aware of it. It's a free game where you pick from any contests being played in just about any sport that day and whoever gets the longest win streak in a month wins $100K, most wins nets you $2500. Every month the streaks are reset, so they give away that $100K every month.

You usually need 20-25 wins in a row to win; I've made it to 15 twice. Check it out.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 16 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen this before, but I'm usually pretty bad about streaking, was it the Dallas Mavericks who got like 40 straight wins a few years ago? I can't remember the precise number, but I think it got snapped by the Warriors who turned around and beat them in the Playoffs.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Apr 16 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think any NBA team has won 40 games in a row before. And you can pick any game in any sport, as often or as little as you want. If you check it out you'll see what I mean. I'm into baseball so since the season just started up I've just stuck to picking MLB games and been fairly successful at it.

In reality, it's nearly impossible to win this with so many people competing, but it only takes a couple of minutes out of my day and who knows...I may get lucky.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 16 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I figured I was off with my number but I do recall the Mavs just being so dominate back in 2007.

I'd probably go with baseball and basketball, but at the same time, I would most likely be isolating myself as a fan as my teams usually aren't that good so I wouldn't likely pick them.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Apr 16 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's the thing, you pick what game/sport you want, and you don't even have to do one every day. You can wait a week between picks if you want (though each streak resets at the beginning of the month, so not a good idea). If you lose a game, you simply start a new streak by picking another game. You can even pick up to like 6 games in one day to get a streak going. It's just a diversion.

They even include MMA and boxing, and cricket! I'm sure you love cricket.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 16 2010 11:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Who doesn't?

What I'm saying though, is I'd be biased to pick the same team for baseball; Kansas City. And there's absolutely no way they're going to have a streak, unless it's a streak of losing. So if I were to go for another team (ex. Yankee's) and they ended up playing the Royals...I would be torn. Now granted, it's just one game, but damn do I just hate seeing my team lose any game.
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Apr 17 2010 09:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

"Streak for the cash" sounds like something that is way, way more exciting than what it really is.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Apr 17 2010 02:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Apr 17 2010 04:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WAY OFF w/the Mavs quote. i think they got to 16 in a row. dont quote cuz im not sure. and they lost that year in the 1st round even though nowitzki got MVP lol

longest streak is by the lakers @ 33 games. yes the LAKERS. back in 69 i believe. they also won the championship that year.

either way, this is pretty cool.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 17 2010 05:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Like I said, I threw a number out there however I thought it was more than 16.
Reply to topic

Jump to: